Senior Big Data Engineer
- Senior Consultants will be responsible for designing and implementing strategies, architectures, ingestion, storage, consumption and delivery processes for complex, large-volume, multi-variate, batch and real time data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Senior Consultants work within an engagement team and are not responsible for project management.
- Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for video, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data into Hadoop ecosystems and HDFS clusters.
- Perform data studies and data discovery routines for video, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data sources or mash ups of new and existing data sources.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
- 3+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include experience in Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra) and relational Data Warehouses.
- At least 3 years hands-on working experience one or more of the following Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Ambari, MapReduce and R.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working as a Data Scientist
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Experience working with commercial distributions of HDFS (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal HD, MapR)
- Experience with Hadoop Cluster Administration
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Job ID - 4778792003
Location - Las Vegas, NV
Posted Date - 1/25/2018
Company - KTI
Position Category - Senoir Big Data Engineer